Everton wins the McFadden sweepstakes.

Cheeta

Politics saved Motherwell last year from the drop but as the auditors and bean counters have the run of the shop this year there has been a bit of a game going on for Scottish international James McFadden. For those unfamiliar with the lad he's a crafty, speedy, gritty, tireless, not to mention generaly skilled talent of a spark plug. And very young (20?). A real hope for Scotland's future.

So in typical Scottish or Canadian fashion the brightest hope for the future was sent abroad so as to benefit the local game. That is to say keep Motherwell afloat.

Neither of the Old Firm sides made any real attempt to sign the lad, Rangers 'cause they're broke, Celtic 'cause O'Neil dosen't like Scottish players unless he can get them for free, and Dundee's 850,000 pound bid got quite easily outdone by Moyes' Goodison Park side. As it is, Motherwell are banking I'm sure on McFadden achieving the perfomance providers of the transfer deal for a future payday as well. After saturdays derby thumping at Goodison and Evertons goal scoring woes so far this season those hopes might just be on.

Between Rooney and McFadden, was just wondering where Radzinski's future lays (gettting a bit far off I know, but McFadden may just step right into the EPL). What a sight, "boy wonders" at work up front for the Toffees.

The article I read on soccernet.com mentioned that Moyes had been worried about his depth at striker with Campbell out with injury. Now, though, things are getting a bit crowded, with Rooney, McFadden, Radzinski and Campbell (when he returns). Also, Everton got Arsenal's Jeffers on a 1-year loan.

everton was apparently shopping raddy around to blackburn but then that deal (reportedly 2 million pounds) fell through....I wish i could give a source but i can't remember the website i read it on...but since it wont happen n e ways its no biggie, but im not sure blackburn would be a better place n eways....with their current strikers (cole and yorke)

There was a sweepstakes for McFadden? Can't remember the kid's name but there is a midfielder on Motherwell that Leicester were after in the close season and was mentioned in glowing terms much like wee Jimmy.

There can be no peace in Scotland until St. Mirren are back in the Prem! :D

Archived