So who's in Ottawa?

Varsity Tyler

Hey everybody. I just moved into my dorm @ Ottawa U the other day. If anybody's up for watching some games on the tele then let me know. Otherwise, any Wizard fans?

Oh ... is anybody in the area looking to go to the women's match in Kingston? I should know my work schedule in a couple of days, and I'd love to split gas + food with some others.

Cheers

Ty

tyler_adamsky@hotmail.com

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

I'm in Russell

Thirty one years ago I entered those hallowed halls on the Rideau River. Tuition was $560, you could smoke in class and on the bus and I had room & board above a restaurant for $100 a month. I couldn't afford much more than that so I spent my weekends cleaning up spills in the residence cafeteria for a bit of spending money. Good luck in your studies boys. Jayway, you should know that students at Hog's Back High (your school) are not supposed to fraternize with those from the Zoo (Tyler's).

I'll get an update from my bro on bars that show footy. Back to you later.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

p

Never been to the Duke of Somerset, but I believe they show Saturday morning matches (among others).

www.dukeofsomerset.com

Yeah, I can confirm that they do show Saturday & Sunday matches. You can also expect them to show several Euro-qualifying matches both upstairs & downstairs. At least they did a year ago and before that. There could be a small cover for the Euro-matches, depending on which game you watch.

The new place to go for English-related footie games is The Fergus Inn on Bank Street (Sunnyside), across from the TD bank.

All Saturday and sunday Prem matches shown, and England, Ireland and Scotland nat'l team matches are generally shown. Atmosphere is fantastic.

Well, I checked out Sportsnet's schedule just now. It looks like they have EPL matches playing on the morning of the 13'th. The day after - a Sunday evening - they're airing Canada v The Matildas from Kingston.

Depending on work I should be able to be able to get to at least one of those events. I'll post my schedule when I get it. Consider this an open invite to anybody in Ottawa. I hope to see somebody there : )

Another heads up for Ottawa folks...

The Fergus Inn shows Champions League games on Setanta, so if you don't want to see Real Madrid on TSN on Tuesday, you can probably catch a different game there. I e-mailed them, but they didn't know what matches they will be showing yet.

quote:Originally posted by littleD

Another heads up for Ottawa folks...

The Fergus Inn shows Champions League games on Setanta, so if you don't want to see Real Madrid on TSN on Tuesday, you can probably catch a different game there. I e-mailed them, but they didn't know what matches they will be showing yet.

That's good news that they have Setanta! I'm pretty sure that Setanta is showing the Bayern-Celtic game on Wednesday. On Tuesday I think they're showing both the Man Utd - Pananthinaikos and Sparta - Chelsea games.

• 3 weeks later...

lol yeah i missed ya. btw my e-mail is in the message @ the top of this thread.

it looks like Sportsnet has the quarters on @ 11:00 pm on thursday. i'm up for that fixture since i have classes that run up to 8:45. i say we get a couple people and head out on the town. old men beware; this time we take no prisoners.

Archived