Xausa To Join Falkirk

Massive Attack

Players In The News

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Xausa To Join Falkirk

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=1446

Canadian international Davide Xausa has reached a mutual agreement with Scottish Premier League club Livingston to sever his contract and will sign with First Division club Falkirk tomorrow.

"They (Livingston) were really good about it," said Xausa. "I hadn't played in a couple of weeks and it was obvious they were going in another direction and I want to keep playing so it's worked out very well."

Xausa has asked Falkirk for a six-month contract at which point he will evaluate his future.

Have got to feel bad for David. Livi had an exciting run there a couple seasons back and he was a part of it.

Am glad to hear he's not sticking about to rot on Livi's bench. Am not glad to hear he'll be heading down to the 1st, but think he'll do very well in Falkirk. Hope he has a wicked cup run and scores a brace in the loosing effort against Celtic in the final.

Funny how these things work out some times. It seemed a couple of seasons ago there were a half dozen Canadians in Scotland (and who knows how long Hearts well hold McKenna?). Now it's Norway/Sweden. And the greatest future seems to be in Germany.

Now that Xausa has joined Falkirk F.C., there is one issue that has me very puzzled. Xausa, before leaving Livingston, he insisted for a 6-month contract with Falkirk. Now that's strange. Why would Xausa insist for a 6-month contract (which ends in February/04), when he's better off staying with Falkirk until the end of the soccer season (May/04) for job security. Unless there is more to this story than what meets the eye. Is it possible that Xausa is perhaps looking for other options in continental Europe come February/2003??? Could it be possible that Xausa is now keeping his eyes open in Germnay, Sweden, Norway, Holland, Belgium, English 1st Division or Eastern Europe??? Anyone here cares to place his input/opinion on this issue???

Now that Xausa has joined Falkirk F.C., there is one issue that has me very puzzled. Xausa, before leaving Livingston, he insisted for a 6-month contract with Falkirk. Now that's strange. Why would Xausa insist for a 6-month contract (which ends in February/04), when he's better off staying with Falkirk until the end of the soccer season (May/04) for job security. Unless there is more to this story than what meets the eye. Is it possible that Xausa is perhaps looking for other options in continental Europe come February/2003??? Could it be possible that Xausa is now keeping his eyes open in Germnay, Sweden, Norway, Holland, Belgium, English 1st Division or Eastern Europe??? Anyone here cares to place his input/opinion on this issue???

Archived