CL Group Stage Draw

amacpher

So one team from each pot is taken to make up each of the 8 groups...

Pot 1 coef.

------------------------ --- -------

AC Milan (TH) Ita 97.155

Real Madrid Esp 151.769

Manchester United Eng 136.170

Bayern München Ger 124.566

Lazio Roma Ita 106.155

Arsenal Eng 105.170

Juventus Ita 100.155

Deportivo La Coruña Esp 98.769

Pot 2 coef.

Internazionale Ita 93.155

FC Porto Por 86.791

Celta de Vigo Esp 86.769

Galatasaray Tur 78.495

Olympique Lyon Fra 76.734

Panathinaikos Gre 72.391

Chelsea Eng 70.170

PSV Eindhoven Ned 60.749

Pot 3 coef. ------------------------ --- -------

Olympique Marseille Fra 49.734

Celtic Sco 57.187

AEK Athens Gre 56.391

Dinamo Kiev Ukr 55.291

Ajax Ned 54.749

Olympiakos Piraeus Gre 54.391

Sparta Praha Cze 49.975

Glasgow Rangers Sco 50.187

Pot 4 coef.

Club Brugge Bel 44.25

VfB Stuttgart Ger 49.566

Lokomotiv Moscow Rus 49.520

Anderlecht Bel 49.250

Real Sociedad Esp 47.769

AS Monaco Fra 45.734

Besiktas Tur 33.495

Partizan Belgrade S&M 20

Real Sociedad in the last seeds? Lyon in the second seeds? Probably based mainly on past Euro results. But, losing the Spanish championship only on the final day should count for a lot more for Real Sociedad, even if they don't have recent Euro experience or success.I don't know how the coefficients work, but they sound like a sausage factory......

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Real Sociedad in the last seeds? Lyon in the second seeds? Probably based mainly on past Euro results. But, losing the Spanish championship only on the final day should count for a lot more for Real Sociedad, even if they don't have recent Euro experience or success.I don't know how the coefficients work, but they sound like a sausage factory......

*lol* It is based mostly on Euro-play over the last 5 years! Yeah, its not perfect system but I think its still a good system. I mean, giving Real Sociedad a high seed would be like giving South Korea a #1 seed in the next World Cup. They have to do a little bit more to earn it! But its pretty safe to say that the "Group of Death" will be whatever group Real Sociedad end up in.

Final Draw

(not in order)

Group A

Olympic Lyonnais

Celtic

Anderlecht

Bayern Munich

Group B

Inter Milan

Arsenal

Dynamo Kyiv

Lokomotiv Moscow

Group C

Deportivo La Coruna

PSV Eindhoven

AEK Athens

Monaco

Group D

Juventus

Galatasaray

Olympiakos

Real Sociedad

Group E

Manchester United

Panathinaikos

Rangers

VfB Stuttgart

Group F

Real Madrid

FC Porto

Olympique Marseille

Partizan Belgrade

Group G

Lazio

Chelsea

Sparta Praha

Besiktas

Group H

AC Milan

Celta de Vigo

Ajax

Club Brugge

Fairly even, no real Group of Death. Arsenal (two trips to Russian/Ukraine plain as well as facing Inter) and AC Milan (Ajax could suprise again, and Celta is still strong) probably have the toughest groups.

Deportivo La Coruna probaby has the easiest route to the Group of 16 (no second stage for groups this time).

Most intriguing match-up: ManU v Rangers.

Anybody know when the dates are set?

No joy in Newcastle, what?

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Fairly even, no real Group of Death. Arsenal (two trips to Russian/Ukraine plain as well as facing Inter) and AC Milan (Ajax could suprise again, and Celta is still strong) probably have the toughest groups.

I would say Arsenal virtually have a bye to the Round of 16. Flying to Moscow might not be Dennis Berkhamp's idea of fun but its an easy 3 points!

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by amacpher

I would say Arsenal virtually have a bye to the Round of 16. Flying to Moscow might not be Dennis Berkhamp's idea of fun but its an easy 3 points!

I am not so sure, as weather can be deadly in Nov and December in Ukraine and Russia. These teams usually do well in the first part of Champions and fade in the spring after their winter break.

I agree that the Group H is the toughest, mostly because Ajax and Milan can take points away from each other and Celta could squeek in. Bruges is weak but you wouldn't know it from their result yesterday.

The most even group is G, where any of the teams could go forwards. I say this in spite of Chelsea's signings and Lazio's reputation, as neither have the sure-fire experience in Champions that make them sure bets.

My eyes are on the UEFA draw, where I hope Barça can draw a team with Canadians on it, like La Louvière or Hearts.

Archived