Seattle vs Vancouver playoff series.

DarnCherry

What? No predictions?

Think this'll only be the third time this year I've gotten a chance to see the Whitecaps play. And one game was that buggered up broadcast from Swangard which gave us all of about 10 minutes of game time.

Wonder if we're going to see another playoff run by the blue and white?

With the addition of Mike Franks,Corrazin,Sulentic,and Piette I feel the Caps have enough to go further in the playoffs this year.Competition for starting positions have made them a stronger team.

My fear with the Caps would be their inability,at times to finish.Often in playoff soccer you can dominate a team and if you can't score when given chances it could come back to haunt you.

Prediction:Caps make the A league final.Whether they win or not depends on where the game is played.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Just a heads up that the opening game of this series on Friday Sept. 5 in Seattle is going to be on FSWC, 8pm pacific 11 pm Eastern.

How did they decide on who gets the first leg and who gets the return leg? Don't Seattle have another game left? I thought the division was still up for grabs.

Regardless, glad to hear that it will be on the tube. I hope they'll be a good crowd of Vancouver supporters there as well. Plenty of tickets to go around I imagine. :-)

quote:Originally posted by PaulV

How did they decide on who gets the first leg and who gets the return leg? Don't Seattle have another game left? I thought the division was still up for grabs.

Regardless, glad to hear that it will be on the tube. I hope they'll be a good crowd of Vancouver supporters there as well. Plenty of tickets to go around I imagine. :-)

The dates for the games in the opening round are supposed to be the 5th and 7th. Since the Seahawks have a home game on the 7th Seattle cannot play at home on that date. So they decided Seattle will play at home on the Friday and Vancouver will get the Sunday date. It's no big deal as there was no decided advantage hosting the second game at home last season anyway. ALso choosing the dates early gives a team like Seattle extra days to sell tickets. Vancouvers never needed extra days to sell playoff tickets in the past, but the extra days can't hurt.

Archived