Christine Sinclair???

TiNA

quote:Originally posted by TiNA

Does anyone know why Christine hasn't played in the last 2 friendly's against Brazil?????[?][?][?]

www. SUPERSTRIKER .ca | the best place to get all your Christine Sinclair updates!

Shes tired. That is why she signed to play the season with the Vancouver Whitecaps Women only to take the whole season off.

"As nothing in this life that I've been trying

could equal or surpass the art of dying"-George Harrison

quote:Originally posted by Elaine

hey-

i've heard that sincy is suffering from mono. hopefully she'll be back to full strength soon!

elaine

----

Go Big Red!!

http://www.gobigred.ca

Everything you need to know about Canadian Women's Soccer!!

Well I figured she was ill with something and that the Whitecaps and everybody else couldn't be honest and give us the truth. We were told out here that she was taking the W-League season off because she was tired from playing too many games.

Vancouvers not doing too bad without her though, yesterday a 9-0 thrashing over Mile High.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

We were told out here that she was taking the W-League season off because she was tired from playing too many games.

actually, even if sincy didn't have mono i don't think she would have been playing with the whitecaps this year anyhow...and for that above reason too etc. hopefully she'll be back soon!

elaine

----

Go Big Red!!

We were told out here that she was taking the W-League season off because she was tired from playing too many games.

actually, even if sincy didn't have mono i don't think she would have been playing with the whitecaps this year anyhow...and for that above reason too etc. hopefully she'll be back soon!

elaine

----

Go Big Red!!

actually, even if sincy didn't have mono i don't think she would have been playing with the whitecaps

elaine

Interesting and a mystery as I heard a different story. Wonder if she will be playing at the Pan-Am games August 4-17. I see that the women will also be playing more exhibitions against France and Ghana. Great preparation! wonder when do they have time just to train and practice.

quote:Originally posted by Auger9

where'd you hear this???

i'm sure The Ref heard elsewhere, but i posted about this this morning at go big red!!

ghana will be on the west coast while france in ontario....ghana should be in august (closed door, though) and france the last game before heading to the US for wwc in sept

elaine

----

Go Big Red!!

elaine

----

Go Big Red!!

If thats the case it was dishonest of the Whitecaps and her to make a big deal about her signing with the Whitecaps for this season. Not suprising from the Whitecaps though, they also made a big deal signing two "name" imports for the mens side, only to release them without them seing much time.

Anyway here is a link to the big deal they made of her signing for the Whitecaps this year. If there was no plans for her to play this was very dishonest to the fans.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/releases/apr30200355.htm

i'm sure The Ref heard elsewhere, but i posted about this this morning at go big red!!

ghana will be on the west coast while france in ontario....ghana should be in august (closed door, though) and france the last game before heading to the US for wwc in sept

elaine

----

Go Big Red!!

awesome!!

should be good games, France is rated higher than us (i think), but we should easily take them!

sucks about Sinclair though, hopefully she gets better fast!

Nucks in '03!

If there was no plans for her to play this was very dishonest to the fans.

Agreed. And I'll never understand how *not* playing the season is supposed to help prepare for the World Cup. Perhaps there is something more behind it all that we don't know.

quote:Originally posted by PaulV

Agreed. And I'll never understand how *not* playing the season is supposed to help prepare for the World Cup. Perhaps there is something more behind it all that we don't know.

There has been talk of the Whitecaps using a bait and switch tactic to entice fans to purchase season tickets (check out one of the past WFP's for Johnnie Monsters article.) As we all know bait and switch is where a store advertises a certain product for cheap but when you get there all they have is higher priced products for sale.

In the Whitecaps case it is signing so called "name" players in order to sell more season tickets but then not having them once the season starts. For the mens side is was ex-MLS player Musa Shannon and ex-Portugese player Mario Jorge. Both were touted as big names and used to sell season tickets. On the womens side it was Christine Sinclair and Kara Lang. Musa Shannon was released after playing a less than 60 minutes with the men. Mario Jorge saw less than 2 games with the men before he was released. On the womens end Christine Sinclair announced she wasn't going to play after the big signing with Vancouver. Kara Lang is playing for the Whitecaps women, but is mostly away with the national team.

Isn't misleading advertising against the law? Not long ago I attended one of the women whitecaps games expecting to see some of our nat women players but there was not a single one playing. Its a good thing I don't have a season ticket!

I've heard she's had mono for over a month now, but it's getting better.

Also, her name wasn't on the roster for the Pan-Am games. Pellerud was upset when she decided not to play with the Whitecaps, he said he was going to send her to this tournament. But i guess since she's not been well, she won't go.[V]

Nucks in '03!

Archived