Hamilton Thunder on the winning path to A-league

today an insider told me that Thunder coach Duncan Wilde has resigned yesterday. I don't know the reason, but after I have asked a Hamilton player, it seems like that this is no rumor any longer.

Anyone other informations?

The Thunder owner brought in 5 players from Croatia without asking/telling the coaching staff. The coaches objections were not heeded and they resigned. This is not the first meddling from the owner.

A new coach appeared at yesterday's practice. Unfortunately he can't speak a word of English.

Players are jumping ship in droves... pity, Duncan had put together a good team that was playing very well. The undefeated record is in real jeopardy now.

I'm only guessing but perhaps he wants to make sure there are no shots on goal! His keeper son hasn't received very many positive reviews on this board over the past couple of years.

After all it is his money and he can do whatever he wants with it!

Unfortunately he's taken a contender and destroyed the chemistry.

Maybe he could have put some of that money into the website. The latest news item is a month old. The mascot contest pop-up was over a week ago and still it appears. The history, league stats and scoring stats are no where to be found. It's a great start to a site but it needs hourly, or at the very least daily, updates.

I tell you something. I really like the team, but I don't like the management and owner. They screwed two good coaches in less than 12 month. They will never ever have the success like Ottawa, Montreal Impact or Vancouver.

Now I hope Ottawa will make it again !

cheers

Hey Hello,

I know a couple of the players. The owner is not just f..... me, believe me. I am also a soccer fan and I thought something realy good is comming up in Hamilton. Than all that bull.... in the last two years. And now I am dissapointed.

Don't get me wrong. It is not the team or the players. The problem is the owner's interest. HIS SON . That's why he transfered the players from croatia, to assure that his son is looking great in net. He gives a s.... about the success of Hamilton. That's why he is f...... with me and all the other fans of the team!

cheers

Nah, I'm not an insider. I just know several of the players and keep my ears open and ask the occasional question.

I'm prepared to give the owner a chance though. There was a lot of depth in the Hamilton squad. Halberto Harris, who didn't even make the Hamilton bench became the starting striker with Toronto Croatia a couple of weeks ago.

quote:Originally posted by thunderguy

The Thunder owner brought in 5 players from Croatia without asking/telling the coaching staff. The coaches objections were not heeded and they resigned. This is not the first meddling from the owner.

A new coach appeared at yesterday's practice. Unfortunately he can't speak a word of English.

Players are jumping ship in droves... pity, Duncan had put together a good team that was playing very well. The undefeated record is in real jeopardy now.

That, is funny.

Sad, but funny.

"Minority of one"

After today's performance by the women's National Squad in Ottawa, there is no doubt in my mind that Ottawa Wizards will be the next Canadian city in the A-League by 2005. This is without a doubt as a result of today's attendance at Frank Clair Stadium for women's soccer. If I am correct, this game was almost a major sell-out. From here, the city of Ottawa, the amateur soccer associations, along with business in the area will surely push for the idea of establishing an A-League franchise in the nation's capital. In fact, this is how Edmonton were able to establish an A-League club so quickly as a result of the women's Youth World-Cup event last year. This does not mean that I have given-up on Hamilton. No. Absolutely not. In fact, I still have hope for Hamilton's entry into the A-league. I wouldn't be surprised that both Ottawa and Hamilton achieve entry into the A-League at the same time by 2005.

I do think that 2005 is a crucial year for Canadian A-League soccer. I am hoping that, aside from Hamilton and Ottawa, other cities such as Winnipeg, Quebec City, Windsor, and Victoria send application to the A-League for 2005.

Let's remember one thing hello. Ottawa managed to stage an International game that brought a huge following to the stands at Frank Clair Stadium. This gives a major boost to the Ottawa A-League organizing committee. Business and the city politicians will surely give the thumbs-up by backing an Ottawa A-League bid. Just remember that this is how Edmonton won an A-League bid within a 1 year period.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

Let's remember one thing hello. Ottawa managed to stage an International game that brought a huge following to the stands at Frank Clair Stadium. This gives a major boost to the Ottawa A-League organizing committee. Business and the city politicians will surely give the thumbs-up by backing an Ottawa A-League bid. Just remember that this is how Edmonton won an A-League bid within a 1 year period.

I don't know that there is an official Ottawa A-League organizing committee. Have anything further on that Luis?

Mimglow, Ottawa

You are the witness of change

And to counteract

We gotta take the power back

Rage Against The Machine

Archived