Ottawa Wizards

socfan1

He's tried very hard, but they won't come. He could only get the Charlotte Eagles to come because of a clause in the transfer of one of their keepers.

Mimglow, Ottawa

You are the witness of change

And to counteract

We gotta take the power back

Rage Against The Machine

The owner is challeging any A league team to come especially montreal or Toronto. He will pay the expenses of the trip if thier team beats the wizards. But niether team will accept the offer. The owner will play some games down at keith harris maybe later in the season or next year. He is also trying to bring in any big clubs and tournaments to be played at the facilities to show how nice they are. He thought if you build it they will come but I guess it didnt work.

quote:Originally posted by socfan1

The owner is challeging any A league team to come especially montreal or Toronto. He will pay the expenses of the trip if thier team beats the wizards. But niether team will accept the offer. The owner will play some games down at keith harris maybe later in the season or next year. He is also trying to bring in any big clubs and tournaments to be played at the facilities to show how nice they are. He thought if you build it they will come but I guess it didnt work.

If its true that the Wizards are trying to play a few matches at Keith Harris or Terry Fox then their owner is to be commended. I will be there to support them if it comes to pass. As is stands I cannot easily reach OZ stadium.

With the WNT playing matches at Frank Clair and the possibility of MNT World Cup Qualifiers being held there next year, the Wizards should work with the CSA to play a double-header with the Ottawa club playing in the 1st match. This would help get the Wizards on the radar screen for many people in the region. Maybe the Lynx or Impact might have more interest in playing Ottawa if they would be opening for an international match to follow.

The wizards might be a little out of the way but when you come to a game and see the quality of play and the stadium they play in you will be hooked. Yes they are trying to move downtown so they can have more of an audience but I know you wont be disappointed if you make the trip.

The wizards might be a little out of the way but when you come to a game and see the quality of play and the stadium they play in you will be hooked. Yes they are trying to move downtown so they can have more of an audience but I know you wont be disappointed if you make the trip.

Archived