I hope we are knocked out.

Paddy

quote:Originally posted by Canuck Oranje

Well, differing opinions make life interesting. The second goal was atrocious. Better ball skills always helps. I disagree with your assessment however that better speed on the part of Hastings would not have made a difference on the second goal. I didn't see the gap between the ball carrier and Hastings close much (and Roberto Carlos would have made it more difficult for the Cuban forward after being beaten). But hey, that's easy to say from here..

It was that incident that had me watching defensive speed and quickness later in the game.

I stand by my general assessment that overall speed and quickness of the defence is a limiting factor for the success of this team (fullbacks included). However, I don't disagree that others contributed specifically to the brutal nature of that one play and the goal that resulted.

And I am not disagreeing with your overall assessment regarding speed. Because your are absolutely correct. Did you tape the game? I didn't so I can't go back to check my impression of the play. I see Hastings as a fringe player in a perfect world. Mostly on the bench, spot starter, etc. etc.

The opinions expressed above are just that.

I need to watch it again too (son was supposed to have captured it on the computer).

I didn't post this but from what I could understand from the Hannover website, De Guzman was actually was playing left back against Feyenoord when he scored (was shifted there). But I am not confident of my German.. or online translators.

quote:Originally posted by Canuck Oranje

I need to watch it again too (son was supposed to have captured it on the computer).

I didn't post this but from what I could understand from the Hannover website, De Guzman was actually was playing left back against Feyenoord when he scored (was shifted there). But I am not confident of my German.. or online translators.

Not quite. See my post below (Canucks in Germany update).

Free the banana cream 3!

Canuck Oranje:

Hallo!

Would it be possible for me to get my hands on that mpeg? Maybe through Kazaa or what not?

Mimglow, Ottawa

You are the witness of change

And to counteract

We gotta take the power back

Rage Against The Machine

Thanks Canuck Oranje. It would be greatly appreciated since I was there and don't have a copy of the match.

Mimglow, Ottawa

And to counteract

Rage Against The Machine

Bottom line is we need some new defenders, in particular somebody other than Fenwick. That must be our top priority heading into WCQ. We give up too many goals & do so too easily. Often the goals are a direct result of an individual mistake by a defender. I just hope Holger agrees with that assessment.

Even the wolf can learn. Even the sheep can turn. Even the frog can become at last the prince. - Peter Hammill, Over (1977)

Personally, I believe the problem with our defence is Hastings. I said so last year following the Gold Cup, and my opinion has not changed. He gets beat every time he is challenged.

Mimglow, Ottawa

And to counteract

Rage Against The Machine

Archived