Canada-Costa Rica comment (R)

ziv2002

Why someone would come on this board 2 hours after an important game with the firm intend of not getting the score?

This is totally irrelevant. You don't want yto know anything about canadian soccer? Don't come in this board. We could save a lot of time if we could resume our thought or news in the header.

quote:Originally posted by Christian B.

And also he didn't even post any score. Please explain me your complaint. I'm probably missing something...

Im sorry,I did a makatake dont get pist off man!

I well learn for the next time...

Israel are on their way to...

Euro 2004!!!

quote:Originally posted by Christian B.

And also he didn't even post any score. Please explain me your complaint. I'm probably missing something...

Yes you are missing something. The board moderators changed his original header which gave the score of the match. Why did the board moderators do this you ask? Because posting scores in the headers is bad form.

I never got pissed off at him, I just let him know the rules of nearly every soccer discussion board on the internet, and that is that you don't post the score in the headers. On bigsoccer.com for example they give you yellow cards for doing so. Get two yellow cards and you get a red and you are banned from posting.

Oh yes, I watched the game and knew the result. Sorry for being considerate of others who may not have seen it yet and had it taped.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Yes you are missing something. The board moderators changed his original header which gave the score of the match. Why did the board moderators do this you ask? Because posting scores in the headers is bad form.

Yes, I changed the header. I figured someone would ask why Krammerhead was complaining, but I didn't have time to explain what I had done. Unfortunately it created all this confusion.

Another tip, ziv: you probably should have posted your comment in the other thread about the game. I don't want to sound like I am trying to control everything, but it would be better for everyone if we don't create multiple threads on the same topic.

Don't sweat it Ziv.That rule is pretty anal.I can't imagine anyone who taped that game coming home and going to a discussion board without first watching the game.Is someone actually going to come on here and checkout out a thread about the game before watching the game itself?I kinda think not.

Guest Georgio

I don't want to really butt in here because it sounds like a couple of you have made up your mind that the rule is anal/unnecessary but I do think it is a valid rule and as such could be adhered to on all occasions by those who know about it. This just reduces any confusion and the argument you guys are having is one that has been on just about every soccer forum out there. Some people do come on to read posts about the soccer team without having watched the game and considering that this forum offers up a bunch of preview articles to the game on a seperate thread someone may wish to read those before watching the game they have taped. It is more of a courtesy request then a rule on this forum I think but a valid one and really isn't difficult to follow. There are arguments on both sides of this coin and it's not worth getting worked up about but if you don't want to keep having this same argument everytime you post a scoreline then it does seem worth adhereing to. Nobody should get really angry with someone who is unaware of it though and I don't think Krammerhead was - he was just being blunt which can come across as anger sometimes. I'm probably wasting my time though cause this same issue has come up for just about every televised game since I have been viewing Voyageurs posts on both forums and it's typically by someone who doesn't know about it. A suggestion to the moderators is to make sure that in the area of the forum where new people sign on there be a rule or common courtesy section that they needs be read before continuing. If they don't read it atleast it has been stated by a moderator. Rules sound so authoritative to me but I guess we all do follow certain rules on this forum all the time ... like not attacking any racial, religious or gender groups, etc.

Just a thought ... if it's not already the case.

Georgio

Actually DJT there was no complaint anywhere in my post to Ziv. I was just stating standard internet chat board rules, so that Ziv would know better in the future.

As for Christian and Vancouver Fan who I assume only are arguing the matter because it is I who pointed it out all I can say is that you guys are wrong. This section of the Voyageurs is for people to post about all sorts of national team topics. It would be not unheard of for somebody to tape the game to watch later, and come here to make a quick post about some other National team matter (whether it be mens, womens, or any of the other various national teams), before they have had a chance to watch the game. Is it that hard to be considerate of these people and to follow standard internet rules and not post the score in the headers? Is it that hard for you guys?

quote:Originally posted by Vancouver Fan

Don't sweat it Ziv.That rule is pretty anal.I can't imagine anyone who taped that game coming home and going to a discussion board without first watching the game.Is someone actually going to come on here and checkout out a thread about the game before watching the game itself?I kinda think not.

Jesus Christ. The score was in the header, you didn't have to open the thread to see the score. You could have come on to read or start a thread about the womens team and have come across the score. You didn't have to check out the thread.

quote:Originally posted by ziv2002

im soo happy for you people!!

Go Canada,just for example at a Gambling game at Israel they gave

Costa Rica win 1.55 and Canada 3.65!!!

Then you gotta find some better gambling sites! Sportstab had a Costa Rica win paying $1.67 and a Canada win at $4.55. ($3.35 for a draw) :D

---

'Shawn' on the old board...

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

Then you gotta find some better gambling sites! Sportstab had a Costa Rica win paying $1.67 and a Canada win at $4.55. ($3.35 for a draw) :D

---

'Shawn' on the old board...

sstackho,

its not a site,its a leuagel gambling compeny that runs

all over Israel,they call it "Winner",

anyway,I know its sucks!!

on the net I found atleast 4 gambling sites with

beter money makeing that they have to offer!

Israel are on their way to...

Euro 2004!!!

Archived