WHAT was Barcelona thinking???

Daniel

Guest Jeffery S.

I don't like it either, the coloured bands should be wider at least.

Noone buys the away kit anyways, it is too far off from the team look. In Spain as most teams have white or light tones we end up playing our blau-grana home and away, except where opponents have an overall dark home strip, there are only maybe 6-8.

Barça never had publicity on the strip, though the NIKE logo is effectively that. We have had an offer from Hong Kong to put the words "Hong Kong City" on it, the club members will have to vote on it in referendum for it to happen though.

Make the ball run, so you don't have to.

-Johan Cruyff

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

And they can't go with a white away strip or the supporters have the club director's head.

You are closer to the truth than you can imagine. Once there was a strip with some white on the socks and folks complained. They also got nervous about Alfonso, the former Madrid and now Betis striker, wearing his white boots, some promotional deal he had. I think he convinced his sponsors to allow him to alter the tone.

Barça's shirt is beautiful. The centenary gear was very nice, a bit old-fashioned, 50's style. In Holland in a poll it was voted the most attractive of all strips. I think that could be because Cruyff wore it and we have had something like 15 Dutch players in 25 years. But I do think it is popular because there is no big dumb logo of a kitchen tile company or car maker on it. We play for ourselves, it is an ideal that people seem to respond to. Mind you the Barça basketball team has a sponsor, so do other sports teams in the club. There is no purity law to be upheld, though in these tough economic times giving up what could be upward of 10 million Euros a year for an ideal is pretty tough too.

Make the ball run, so you don't have to.

-Johan Cruyff

• 3 weeks later...

Juventus have switched from Lotto to Nike and look what they got as their second jersey:

3.jpg

Yes, that is pink (Juve started in pink way back when). And yes, those are checkers.

Actually, I don't think it's that bad, but most people do. Then again, I don't think that Barça jersey posted above is that bad, either. I don't think I really hate any jerseys, though the more I see the one Canada wore before the current one the more I don't like it.

[xx(]Juve[xx(]

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Juventus have switched from Lotto to Nike and look what they got as their second jersey:

3.jpg

Yes, that is pink. And yes, those are checkers.

(Juve started in pink way back when.)

[xx(]Juve[xx(]

Now that is truly ugly.

"As nothing in this life that I've been trying

could equal or surpass the art of dying"-George Harrison

Some of Nike's jersey's have been bad before, but this year it seems they went that extra mile to make to them...more interesting.

The Juve pink jersey had been rumoured for a long time. It's not even pink, it's like salmon colour. How many people you think will go around wearing the pink hat?

itjuvcapp03.gif

There is also Inter's shirt...

itintass03.gif

Even Juve's regular bianconero jersey looks dumb the way Nike makes them. Looks like someone tore off a piece of the jersey and just added on some white material. [V]

Some of Nike's jersey's have been bad before, but this year it seems they went that extra mile to make to them...more interesting.

The Juve pink jersey had been rumoured for a long time. It's not even pink, it's like salmon colour. How many people you think will go around wearing the pink hat?

itjuvcapp03.gif

There is also Inter's shirt...

itintass03.gif

Even Juve's regular bianconero jersey looks dumb the way Nike makes them. Looks like someone tore off a piece of the jersey and just added on some white material. [V]

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

That Juventus jersey looks like my pyjamas ...

Jarrek, you wear pink pajamas? ;)

I think this will sell well, if only for it's uniqueness. Juve have been pink before, but I doubt the newest generation of fans have any of those. I bet it will be cool amongst the kids.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

That Juventus jersey looks like my pyjamas ...

Actually it looks more like something Eric Foreman would wear on "That 70's show".

"As nothing in this life that I've been trying

could equal or surpass the art of dying"-George Harrison

Juve weren't to happy with the black/white stripes at first.

They orderd pink shirts from Nottingham, but ended up getting Nott's County Jerseys, with some alterations and were stuck with them.

Pink was popular then ... maybe it will catch on again?

I wouldn' t want to wear it though.

ManU had a blue jersey before that looked like a golf polo thing, didn' t look that good, but the grey colour makes this one worse.

Also i read this in i think 442 a few years ago, that some lady did a study on peripheral vision and found that grey was harder to pick up.

She did did cause manu always seemed to play poorly in grey.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, the Barcelona away kit idn't look too bad tonight on the television. The multi-coloured stripes just looked like cool pinstripes, and the two shades of beige/grey looked awesome. Too bad they didn't beat those red b*st*rds! Oh well, they are just starting their training for a season starting in September, not like Man U who start the Premiership next week against Bolton (an excuse, I know).

"Washington wouldn't have such a high crime rate if it weren't for the murders". - former Mayor Barry

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Hey, the Barcelona away kit idn't look too bad tonight on the television. The multi-coloured stripes just looked like cool pinstripes, and the two shades of beige/grey looked awesome. Too bad they didn't beat those red b*st*rds! Oh well, they are just starting their training for a season starting in September, not like Man U who start the Premiership next week against Bolton (an excuse, I know).

"Washington wouldn't have such a high crime rate if it weren't for the murders". - former Mayor Barry

I agree, it just looked golden like their other alternates.

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

If i'm not mistaken, Palermo has a pink jersey as their #1 jersey! (?)

I guess the good thing about that is that they don't need a second jersey. There's never a conflict with the opposing team's colours. Oh, until they play Juve maybe as it looks like Palermo is making a strong attempt at getting Sicily back into serie A next year (2004).

quote:Originally posted by DJT

3.jpg

Yes, that is pink (Juve started in pink way back when). And yes, those are checkers.

[xx(]Juve[xx(]

Andrew, New York City

Archived