Vancouver win end of Soccer stadia in TO ?

Trillium

The thought occured to me as well, and it tears me in two as a person...I am thrilled as a Canadian that the Olympics are coming, but on the other hand I am so passionate about soccer that I view anything that threatens its growth in this country as the enemy...

But I've resolved to get behind these games no matter what, even if it costs Toronto a stadium. The issues may well be separate, since the Argos absolutely need a new place in order to succeed, and the CSA needs a stadium in Southern Ontario...

Mimglow, Ottawa

Where are the weapons of mass destruction?

Hamilton has even less chance now to win the Commonwealths from New Delhi.

By the way, where are the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver Olimpics supposed to be held. Can't see BC Place, because it's covered. Any chance that Swanguard or some other soocer-suitable stadium might be engrandized?

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change

the subject. -- Winston Churchill

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Hamilton has even less chance now to win the Commonwealths from New Delhi.

By the way, where are the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver Olimpics supposed to be held. Can't see BC Place, because it's covered. Any chance that Swanguard or some other soocer-suitable stadium might be engrandized?

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change

the subject. -- Winston Churchill

BC Place. Read some stuff before posting.

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

pray to god that swangard get's upgraded.

what the hell does "engranized" mean!?

believe me, vancouver and hamilton will both get funding. at the expense of education, health care (including youth services in that pyramid), and infrastructure.

it's a shame. it really is. i was hoping they would get them in europe or china.

there ain't gonna be any middle any more.

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

The thought occured to me as well, and it tears me in two as a person...I am thrilled as a Canadian that the Olympics are coming, but on the other hand I am so passionate about soccer that I view anything that threatens its growth in this country as the enemy...

But I've resolved to get behind these games no matter what, even if it costs Toronto a stadium. The issues may well be separate, since the Argos absolutely need a new place in order to succeed, and the CSA needs a stadium in Southern Ontario...

Mimglow, Ottawa

I think the SARS outbreak in China (and the loss of any chance of the 2007 WWC for Canada)was a much bigger blow to Stadium hopes.

The opinions expressed above are just that.

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

Mimglow, Ottawa

I think the SARS outbreak in China (and the loss of any chance of the 2007 WWC for Canada)was a much bigger blow to Stadium hopes.

The opinions expressed above are just that.

quote:

Will the win in Vancouver mean that federal money will not flow to the Toronto area for a new stadium ?

I don't think so. Even if Toronto does get a 30,000 seat soccer stadium in 2-3 years, it should be still capable of holding Olympic events such as soccer for any future Olympics Toronto might obtain.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

pray to god that swangard get's upgraded.

what the hell does "engranized" mean!?

believe me, vancouver and hamilton will both get funding. at the expense of education, health care (including youth services in that pyramid), and infrastructure.

it's a shame. it really is. i was hoping they would get them in europe or china.

there ain't gonna be any middle any more.

No chance in hell of Swangard getting enlarged. It's built in a city park and the city of Burnaby don't want to lose any more park space.

Archived