Impact

They seem to be signing Canadian internationals left and right. How are they able to afford their salaries? I'm sure they are paid quite well (by North American and A-league standards). I wouldn't be suprised of Corrazin is making 6 figures. Out of curiousity, what kind of money does the CSA pay to national team members?

"Try not, do. Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

First of all, Corrazin signed with the Whitecaps, not the Impact.

As for the Impact, they really don't have that many senior international (Nash, Pizzolito - who just got called recently) but they have a busload of juniors, which cost less (Arango, Borsellino, DiTullio, Fronimadis, Lemire, Matondo, Williams). I guess these are yougsters that have proven to be very solid (national team members) and who need a stepping stone to bigger things, which the Impact offers them.

The top salaries on the Impact probably go to Biello, Sebrango, Nash and DeSantis. The Impact have a few older players, a lot of youngsters, and a handful of mid-20's locals (Gervais, Leduc, François, Pizzolito).

Also, from an administrative POV, they are a non-profit organisation co-owned by the provincial government and Saputo. This means that their only mission is to develop soccer and break even and they get (as well as their sponsors) fiscal advantages.

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

Archived