Sandro Grande and Belotte on Playing in Europe

Guest Jeffery S.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Daniel weren't you using that slogan "Remember the name Wyn Belotte?" ;)

He just turned 19! Be patient. There is the YWC coming up this fall and he needs to get a club that will play him regularly, which he unfortunately hasn't had since the beginning of his career (except Nantes youth squad).

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

Great little article!

It is too bad that Wyn didn't stay at Nantes. Being groomed in a high calibre academy is better at that young age than rushing to play senior football. Look what it did for Stalteri and DeGuzman.

Had he been patient (like Stalteri), we would likely see him playing in France's L-1 by the age of 22/23. Now, I am worried, that he will be wasting time chasing quick opportunities that won't benefit his progress. Hope I'm wrong.

He is definitely a talent. From what I have seen so far, he reminds me of a Thierry Henry type player. We sure could use that.

- David C.

Guest Jeffery S.

Two other names are mentioned at the start, Serge Epoh and Peters Thierry Eustache. The latter I have at least heard of, the first, ni idea!

Anyone have info on these guys?

Got a mail from Srdjan Djekanovic who is back in Vancouver now, says he is still looking for a side in Serbia, but also has some lines on teams in Spain and Portugal. Will update when I hear something.

I heard a rumour that he is now playing with bum-F*U*C*K Iowa F.C. or perhaps crack-ass garage shop F.C. As soon as I hear something, you will be the first to know. In the mean time, keep the spirits up [xx(].

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

What about Joey Torchia ;) ... where does he play now?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Two other names are mentioned at the start, Serge Epoh and Peters Thierry Eustache. The latter I have at least heard of, the first, ni idea!

Serge Epoh played in all three games of the 1999 U17 WCQ in El Salvador (see February 10, 12 and 14, 1999 in http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/nationals/junior_u17/capsules.pdf --- geez, what happened to all those guys? only Hume is still in the national team picture at this time).

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Serge Epoh played in all three games of the 1999 U17 WCQ in El Salvador (see February 10, 12 and 14, 1999 in http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/nationals/junior_u17/capsules.pdf --- geez, what happened to all those guys? only Hume is still in the national team picture at this time).

Hard to stay in when some players don't see a future in soccer.

A good reason for Canada to form a league.

Guest Jeffery S.

Re Epoh. I saw a reference to him playing for Olympique Alès, in France 3rd or 4th tier. But as a youth player I've no idea if he was there for a while or not. No bites on searches for the other fellow.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/nationals/junior_u17/capsules.pdf --- geez, what happened to all those guys? only Hume is still in the national team picture at this time).

Peters Eustache was a teamate of Belotte on the 2001 U17 team. See the link posted by DJT.

It will be interesting to see if our 2001 and 2003 U17 teams show the kind of pedigree as the 1993 version of the team. It had Staltari, Bent, Brennan, Clarke, Arristodemo, Pizzolitto and Kojic amoungst other familiar names.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Don't know about Eustache but Epoh must be f*ing fantastic as he was picked ahead of de Guzman, Hargreaves and Klukowski for our WCQ U17 team 1996. Or maybe not.

Archived