Canadian Action June 15 (Aguiar, Atiba, Norway)

Guest Jeffery S.

Guest Jeffery S.

Fernando Aguiar and Leiria are holding Porto scoreless m. 60 of the Portugal Cup. Most chances have gone to Porto in 1st half, via Deco.

Atiba Hutchinson scored late for Östers and gave them an away draw 2-2, even though the team was a player down for red card. Points definitely needed for this struggling side.

More on games in Sweden 2nd tier and Norway to come.

Guest Jeffery S.

Portugal Cup in last minutes, 1-0 for Porto on a Derlei goal, m. 63. Aguiar subbed off for an attacker m. 71.

In Sweden, apart from Hutchinson's goal for the draw (team is last in the league, 8 points on 10 games), in 2nd tier Adam Braz played 90 for Vasteras in a 1-0 away loss to Kalmar. The team was a player down the entire 2nd half. A win would have given them the lead in the league, as is they are 4th, only points back.

In Norway Reda was subbed out mid 2nd half as Sogndal beat Odd Grenland 5-0. Tromso lost 0-1 at home with no Harmse playing nor on bench.

In the 2nd tier only results, Moss lost away 2-0 to Start, and Haugesund, Kojic's team, won away 2-4.

That's the second for Atiba so far this year. He's scoring more than I would have expected. I wonder if he's plays the same defensive midfield position for his club that he normally does for Canada.

Even the wolf can learn. Even the sheep can turn. Even the frog can become at last the prince. - Peter Hammill, Over (1977)

Guest Jeffery S.

Confirmed in Norway that Bernier and Friend both played 90 in their 2-0 loss to Start.

As for Haugesund, Milan Kojic was named player of the game by vg.no in their report of the 2-4 win by the team this weekend. The team is 6 back of the league leader with a game in hand, and looks to be a potential promotion candidate this year.

And re Atiba, what the team clearly needs is some scoring power, you can't rely on a midfielder to save the game for you late playing with ten men. As is they are last in Sweden.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

where do you guys get all these up to the minute stats on these leagues? and are these stats you get in english?

Easy scores on www.livescore.com, so there was Hutchinson for the goal. Livescore also has 2nd tier Sweden and Norway, in case someone scores.

For Sweden I check www.svenskfotboll.se. Clicking right on the listed games to the right is not enough. Better hit the Matcher Idag button on the left and then the games come up, click them and you get full squads and a running ticker during games, only that you can only see the last 15 minutes as it goes, can't scroll the whole thing. When the day has past go to the bottom and change the date in the box, then that day's games come up, click for full reports, includes 2nd tier.

I look at www.vg.no for Norway, but I think some check the Norway TV site, forgot it right off. During Eliteserien games after hitting Fotboll you see there is a live ticker, includes squads. Day after or late the same you click on fotboll on the left and then scroll down to game results, clicking to find the full report and player ratings. Here is one for 1st Div, for example:

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/norsk/1div//resultatdata/kamp3688.hbs

I don't read either but am learning the odd key word.

Archived