Tam Nsaliwa + Daniel Fernandes

An interesting question is whether out of contract players will risk injury by playing for country. If you remember, that is what created problems for Canada's basketball team and some of its NBA players.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

His contract expired after this season and I think he's seeking a club in the Bundesliga (1 or 2). The GC could help him.

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

An interesting question is whether out of contract players will risk injury by playing for country. If you remember, that is what created problems for Canada's basketball team and some of its NBA players.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

His contract expired after this season and I think he's seeking a club in the Bundesliga (1 or 2). The GC could help him.

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

quote:Originally posted by Canuck Oranje

Brennan would be in the same category. I don't believe he has signed with Notts F as yet. Although I have read a press report that indicated that he has an offer on the table.

There was a rumour that was posted on the other board. It stated a possible move to Blackburn.

• 2 weeks later...

That Jahn Regensburg rumour is from a Saarbrucken newspaper article that said he would likely not be back at 1. FC Saarbrucken and that Jahn Regensburg (just promoted from Regional League South to Bundesliga 2) was talking to him. It also said a Bundesliga 1 club had been in touch, but I haven't seen anything to confirm. Let's just say it would have been very easy for this club to scout Tam playing with our national team.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

That Jahn Regensburg rumour is from a Saarbrucken newspaper article that said he would likely not be back at 1. FC Saarbrucken and that Jahn Regensburg (just promoted from Regional League South to Bundesliga 2) was talking to him. It also said a Bundesliga 1 club had been in touch, but I haven't seen anything to confirm. Let's just say it would have been very easy for this club to scout Tam playing with our national team.

I thought he "showed" quite well and held his own against top quality B1 players. At his age, frankly, I think that a B1 team might be very interested in taking a chance on him even though, perhaps, his consistency may be only a B2 level. What are the restrictions on foreign players in Germany and does Tam qualify as EU (or german) due to his time in Germany?

The opinions expressed above are just that.

Latest on Tam from the Saarbrucken Zeitung today. The vice-president of 1. FC Saarbrucken said they are largely ready for the season, but are still looking for a wide right player to replace Tam Nsaliwa. The 22 year old has an offer on the table from Jahn Regensburg but left for vacation without signing yet, saying he was looking for an offer from a Bundesliga club. He has not been heard from since.

Tam Nsaliwa has made the headlines of the local press (http://www.donau.de/sport/region/jahn/). Can someone here please translate this article:

Here are parts of the translation:

Nsaliwa is playing the mystery game. Does he come? Does he remain? Does he go? Where? Mystery rates around the midfield player as to whether he would play for Jahn Regensburg. Jahn Regensburg are now in the final stages of signing the 21 year old Canadian, but the Canadian has not fully committed himself to the contract as he further waits for a better offer from a Bundesliga 1 club.

Nsaliwa gibt Rätsel auf

Von Heinz Reichenwallner, MZ

REGENSBURG. Kommt er? Bleibt er? Geht er? Wohin? Das Rätselraten um Mittelfeldspieler Tamandani Nsaliwa vom Fußball-Regionalligisten 1. FC Saarbrücken will und will nicht enden. Wie die Saarbrücker Zeitung in ihrer Wochenendausgabe berichtete, hat der kanadische Nationalspieler ein unterschriftreifes Angebot des Zweitligisten SSV Jahn Regensburg vorliegen. Doch scheint sich der 21-Jährige immer noch nicht entschieden zu haben, für wen er in der kommenden Saison spielen will. Bei den Saarländern hätte er sich mit der Ankündigung in den Urlaub verabschiedet, dass er noch lieber in die Bundesliga wolle. Seitdem hat man nichts mehr von ihm gehört.

Dabei könnte der Kanadier, der in Malawi (Afrika) geboren ist, durchaus der Neue sein, den Jahn-Fußballboss Heinz Groenewold holen will, «falls Ramazan Yildirim und Josef Tuma bei anderen Vereinen unterkommen». Nsaliwa stand auch schon beim 1. FC Nürnberg unter Vertrag und galt einmal als größte Nachwuchshoffnung seines Landes.

Artikel von bpinzer - überstellt am 25.06.2003 um 14:47

Tam Nsaliwa has made the headlines of the local press (http://www.donau.de/sport/region/jahn/). Can someone here please translate this article:

Here are parts of the translation:

Nsaliwa is playing the mystery game. Does he come? Does he remain? Does he go? Where? Mystery rates around the midfield player as to whether he would play for Jahn Regensburg. Jahn Regensburg are now in the final stages of signing the 21 year old Canadian, but the Canadian has not fully committed himself to the contract as he further waits for a better offer from a Bundesliga 1 club.

Nsaliwa gibt Rätsel auf

Von Heinz Reichenwallner, MZ

REGENSBURG. Kommt er? Bleibt er? Geht er? Wohin? Das Rätselraten um Mittelfeldspieler Tamandani Nsaliwa vom Fußball-Regionalligisten 1. FC Saarbrücken will und will nicht enden. Wie die Saarbrücker Zeitung in ihrer Wochenendausgabe berichtete, hat der kanadische Nationalspieler ein unterschriftreifes Angebot des Zweitligisten SSV Jahn Regensburg vorliegen. Doch scheint sich der 21-Jährige immer noch nicht entschieden zu haben, für wen er in der kommenden Saison spielen will. Bei den Saarländern hätte er sich mit der Ankündigung in den Urlaub verabschiedet, dass er noch lieber in die Bundesliga wolle. Seitdem hat man nichts mehr von ihm gehört.

Dabei könnte der Kanadier, der in Malawi (Afrika) geboren ist, durchaus der Neue sein, den Jahn-Fußballboss Heinz Groenewold holen will, «falls Ramazan Yildirim und Josef Tuma bei anderen Vereinen unterkommen». Nsaliwa stand auch schon beim 1. FC Nürnberg unter Vertrag und galt einmal als größte Nachwuchshoffnung seines Landes.

Artikel von bpinzer - überstellt am 25.06.2003 um 14:47

Looks like Tam may sign this weekend according to the local press. Bundesliga 2 may not be what he wants but the market in Germany is in very bad shape. I checked the transfer lists for Bundesliga 2 and only a couple of player transfers involved a fee and many, many players are out of contract. Much the same in England. Not a great year to be looking for a huge contract.

With the signing of Nsaliwa appearing imminent and Fernandez being auditioned, I thought some members of this board would be interested in a little more information on the club.

I am not surprised that Nsaliwa was hesitant. I suspect it has to with getting some assurances about Regensburg's ambition and the club's ability to stay in B2. While my ability to understand German is limited at best, the club website (www.ssv-jahn.de) refers to the club as SSV Jahn 2000 Regensburg which suggests to me a merger or rebirth of some sort in 2000. If that is the case, they may now be in better financial shape than some clubs just beginning their financial cleanup.

The most interesting thing to me is their stadium. Seats 1,000 and has a Capacity of 15,000 (another says 20,000)according to one website and was opened in 1926. For pictures go to http://www.jahn-regensburg.de.vu/ . Not very attractive and I wonder if the Bundesliga would allow the club to remain without upgrades (not sure the A-League would accept it). However, I have also read that a new stadium is in the works with 15,000 seats and part of an entertainment complex. I believe this was just announced and it suggests a longer term commitment.

From the tourism brochures, it sounds like an interesting city.

The club also seems to be active in signing new players.

From www.donau.de under ssv jahn are two news reports that include the following experts (translated with babel fish):

27.06.2003 at 12:04

In the schwebe is for example the case Tamandani Nsaliwa (1st FC Saarbruecken). The Canadian national player changed his advisor and from the SSV Jahn now a new, but decreased offer receive. "if Nsaliwa assumes, then he belongs for the next season to our cadre", says Groenewold. (my assumption is that reduced means reduced down to one year which makes sense for Nsaliwa considering my comments in the above post)

27.06.2003 at 22:22

After the slogan "which knows for a long time waehrt¨& the SSV Jahn on Sunday perhaps also Tamandani Nsaliwa (21) when are called tenth new acquisition welcome. The Canadian national player, whose obligation already drags on for weeks, is with his advisor to conclusion negotiations in Regensburg.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

I have been to Regensburg... not much to see in the city.... [xx(]

-------------------------

Sigma do toho!

Dachau is nearby. Pretty sobering but a must see.

I pretty proficient in German. The article doesn't give any information that isn't already on this thread. It's talks about the mystery of where Nwalisa is going. If he's coming back, and the speculation about this 2nd division club.

"Try not, do. Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

Archived