Lynx Roster Question?

David C.

Of the 22 players unveiled at the pre-seasson press conference, 17 (I believe) have played so far this season.

Two more (Shawn Faria and Sam Borgh) are listed on the team's roster but have not played yet. I think that they are injured.

The missing 3 are:

- Guiliano Oliviero: surgery (out 6 - 8 weeks?)

- Ryan Thompson: Hamilton CPSL?

- Daniel Takhee: ???

Can anyone confirm if these players are still with the team or have been let go? Thanks.

Oliveiro is with the team, just injured. The other two I wouldn't recognize if I have seen them, so its difficult to know - though they would be the only players I wouldn't recognize. At the last match there were some players in Lynx practice jerseys that I didn't recognize, perhaps it was those two.

Even the wolf can learn. Even the sheep can turn. Even the frog can become at last the prince. - Peter Hammill, Over (1977)

An additional note on Oliviero: he was the colour commentator on Rogers' broadcast of last Sunday's game (the main commentator was still Dan Dunleavy from The Fan 590). As Gian-luca said, Oliviero is definitely still with the team.

Ryan Thompson is a North York Astros defender. He did very well last year and it wouldn't surprise me if he was/is being considered by the Lynx, but the only reference to this that I've seen is a mention in Robin's report on the first Lynx press conference of the year (http://home.eol.ca/~robing/03lynx12.htm) --- has there been a mention elsewhere? For now Thompson is still playing with the Astros. In fact, the Astros had a game at Centennial (home of the Supra) after the Lynx game on Sunday and he played in it.

03.jpg

That was Justin Thompson

quote:Originally posted by David C.

...also, Ryan Thompson was the Lynx' 1st round pick this winter. Chris Williams, now with the Impact, was their second round selection.

I cannot remember if Ryan is listed in the teams's season program.

Archived