Ottawa to Montreal Caravan For Friday's Match

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

We're leaving Ottawa at around 4, should be at Claude Robillard around 6:30-7:00 for warmups!

Mimglow, Ottawa

Where are the weapons of mass destruction?

What will you be wearing so we could identify you? I will be at the stadium in a brown coat, jeans and will be wearing an Impact baseball cap.

Well, I'll be wearing a black and blue striped Old Navy short-sleeved shirt, with a bright orange jacket and jeans.

My friend will be wearing a Bayern Munich jersey. Hope to see you there, we've got tickets in section B!

Mimglow, Ottawa

Mimglow:

Hope you got home safely after the game.

Was talking afterwards to Jocelyn Roy, who used to play with the Impact and Dynamites(CPSL) and he agrees with you that there should be pro-rel between the CPSL and Provincial leagues as he feels the current set up does not permit any motivation for teams to get better in either leagues.

What I still think would make sense is for the CPSL to expand across Canada and create 4 conferences : Pacific(BC/Alberta), Praries(Man/Sask/Northern Ontario), Central(Ontario/Que) and the Atlantic. The teams would play within their own conferences and the top teams would meet in a Final Four championships. The bottom CPSL teams would be relegated to their provincial leagues.

Another idea suggested by Moosehead :

Create a Canadian Provincial Premiership League. This would run from September to November and to qualify, the team must win thier Provicial Open Cup tournaments, which would run between May to August. The 10 provincial winners would play against each other home and away and in November the top two teams would play for a Cup in Vancouver or Victoria, BC. The beauty of this system is that the Canadian USL(A-League, PDL, W-League) teams do NOT have to leave their leagues, the CPSL could flourish and it gives promotion to all teams regardless of what league they're in. And it also gives a higher profile to the National Championships, currently open to amateur teams only.

What do you think?

Looking forward to your reply.

Sigma, cool!!! YOU'll see, the Section Ultras slowly becomes decent!!

We've got 40 free tickets for that game, which will be sold at the price of 8$ (it's 10$ at the bos office). The money will be used to partially finance the trip to rochester on the next saturday (the 28th).

We're looking foward to see you again!!!

Ultras Montréal: EXAGÉRONS

Avec Nous qui voudra; contre nous qui pourra!

http://www.ultrasmontreal.com/forum

Bonjour Francois...

It was my first time at the Centre Claude Robillard (we have to find a nickname soon for that place...or does it already have one?)

I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I thought the atmosphere was very good, and mostly because of Les Ultras. We were sitting across the stadium from them, and they certainly made the place feel like a football stadium.

The pitch is decent, and the seating is what you'd expect from a stadium built in the 70's (that isn't a barb, but a modern stadium would have better seating).

What struck me most is the accessibility of the players to the fans. As the players walk out before the match and between halves, they high-five the kids who line up in great numbers to touch and talk to the players. They are not disappointed. After the match, the players come over and chat with the fans, which I thought was fantastic.

There was no cash-machine at the stadium, and no Interac, which disappointed me...I would have bought close to a hundred dollars worth of memorabillia if I had access to my cash...but I didn't, so the Impact lost an opportunity to make some extra cash. Jérôme, the friend who was with me, would have bought an Impact jersey, another $75. Not many people walk around with lots of money on them anymore, the Impact marketing department needs to catch up with the times...

The access to concessions was very good. Subway and Dominoes Pizza. Not too expensive either!

I was seated in a family section and the atmosphere was okay. There were a lot of people who were there for the first time, and I'm happy to report that I heard lots of people saying they'd surely be coming back.

As will I, but this time I will get GA tickets and sit near the Ultras. I can say that from what I've seen and heard, Montreal is certainly one of the best places in the country to see a soccer match, and I hope the enthusiasm and excitement that I witnessed will transfer over to National Team matches...

Mimglow, Ottawa

thanks for the comments...You bring a good point about the cash-machine. I forwarded the suggestion to the team. Hope we'll see you again this season and bring more people from Ottawa.

In the past, the Impact used to play a game against the Lynx On July 1st in Ottawa. I miss those canada day game there...It's about time you guys get an a-league team in your region...

François

www.impactsoccer.com

Thanks for the comments about he Ultras and the rest. I agree with you, the place place to sit is on GA near les Ultras, if the weather's fine!

The major problem with CCR lies in the fact that the fans are too far away from the field, due to the running track!!

Ultras Montréal: EXAGÉRONS

Avec Nous qui voudra; contre nous qui pourra!

http://www.ultrasmontreal.com/forum

It's nicknamed like that because it's Gilette Stadium. People still call it Foxboro though. Like how the ex-Molson Centre was nicknamed The Keg and GM Place is The Garage.

Not many pro stadiums/arenas have non-corporate nicknames (Victoria Street come to mind, although time will tell if it sticks; the Big O(we)...).

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

Archived