Canucks Abroad June 1st 2003

Gian-Luca

Klukowski's La Louviere is currently ahead 2-0 in the Belgian Cup final over St.Truiden in the 55th minute of play. I don't know for sure at this point, but I suspect Klukowski is starting.

I also see that Aguiar's team also has a match today, Uniao Leiria.

Pozniak has started in Orebro's match against Sundsvall, scoreless early on. Obviously no Budalic. Here's hoping that Budalic scores today against Germany (guess it would have to be late in the match) - then we can get some more interesting quotes from Holger. :D

Sogndal & Tromso play today (not against each other) in Norway. I wish we could get an update on Harmse's status with Tromso. Also don't know if Reda has recovered from the injury he suffered in the last match.

Well a lot of things can happen, when you're walking down the street, and it never fails to amaze me, the people that I meet. They all say "See you later" and I just answer "How? How will you see me later, when you can't see me now?" - Kevin Ayers, The Confessions of Dr. Dream & Other Stories (1974)

La Louviere & Klukowski look to be on their way to the Cup - now leading 3-0 in the 77th minute. I guess this means we will have another Canadian playing in a European Club competition next year. Aguiar's team is already up 3-0 in the first half.

How about that story of Monaco (with Concacaf's Rafael Marquez) being relegated to the French 2nd division due to financial reasons, but having finished 2nd in the league will be playing in the Champions League next year as well!

Well a lot of things can happen, when you're walking down the street, and it never fails to amaze me, the people that I meet. They all say "See you later" and I just answer "How? How will you see me later, when you can't see me now?" - Kevin Ayers, The Confessions of Dr. Dream & Other Stories (1974)

Klukowski wins the cup!

Orebro leading 1-0 at half-time.

San Jose lost 4-1 yesterday without Pat Onstad & now Quakes fans are clamouring for Onstad's return to San Jose.

All we need now is a nice result today against Germany & our day will be complete! :)

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

How about that story of Monaco (with Concacaf's Rafael Marquez) being relegated to the French 2nd division due to financial reasons, but having finished 2nd in the league will be playing in the Champions League next year as well!

I wonder if Monaco would actually be allowed to play in the CL, though. I know that's what the reports are saying, but I don't think UEFA allows second division teams to play in the CL. Last year Tirol Innsbruck won the Austrian championship but were relegated due to financial problems and UEFA did not allow them to play in the CL. The Canadian connection here is that all the teams below Tirol were bumped up in terms of European qualification, allowing Hasting's GAK to enter the CL (they passed the Second Qualifying Round (Hastings scored) but were knocked out in the Third).

Archived