May 30 - Vancouver vs. Montreal [R]

DJT

quote:Originally posted by PaulV

I have access to both but *I'd* like updates, the satellite has gone on the blink! Arrrgh. More bloody BodyBreak on FSWC... at least RDS has commentators on in the studio.

What's going on? Now they've got Vancouver vs. Toronto!?!?! [?] [xx(]

quote:Originally posted by Rocket Robin

and network 54 is down so can't even ask on that board.

That's why we have this board, more stable than Network54. [^]

I wonder if they'll be able to re-establish the live feed from Vancouver at all. If not, perhaps they're at least getting it all on tape for later broadcast? I hope so.

Any internet audio or match-trackers that anyone is aware of?

There are periodic updates on http://www.whitecapssoccer.com/. For at least the last 10 minutes they've had the following posted:

"Whitecaps striker Niall Thompson forced the Montreal keeper into an acrobatic save to keep the game scoreless. We're into the last ten minutes of the half."

Halftime:

Vancouver 0 Montreal 0

"The Whitecaps and the Impact are scoreless at the half. The best chance came from Caps' striker Niall Thompson in the 35th minute when his shot forced the Montreal keeper into an acrobatic save."

Thanks for the update. RDS has just started to show the Champions League Final(!), so I would assume they are not optimistic about re-establishing the signal on MTL-VAN.

RDS are such tools... Couldn't the show last week's game instead??? I don't think anyone tuned in to watch the CL final...

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

It's back!...on RDS. FSWC still has the old MTL-Richmond game. Very odd. Anyway still nil-nil in the 50th minute.

It came back on FSWC some time before the 63rd minute, which was when I tuned back in. Just curious, do you know exactly when it came back on FSWC?

This game is scheduled to be repeated on FSWC next week, so hopefully they have the whole thing at that time.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

It came back on FSWC some time before the 63rd minute, which was when I tuned back in. Just curious, do you know exactly when it came back on FSWC?

This game is scheduled to be repeated on FSWC next week, so hopefully they have the whole thing at that time.

I discovered it back on FSWC by the 55th minute. It might have been on a bit earlier than that, but not much.

0-1 in the 85th minute (i.e. 1-0 for Montreal in FSWC format).

The technical difficulties were due to a blown circuit.I was going to the washroom just before halftime and saw a crew of about 4 technicians working on the panel.

You guys did not miss much.The game was dull and Vancouver could not muster much of an offence.Unless we get another striker(Carlo Corazzin)and players that can get the ball to them,we're going to have a hard time making it to the playoffs.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

I didn't see the game, but did Montreal sit back and hope for an opportunity on the counter attack?

-------------------------

Sigma do toho!

Yes,Montreal did couter attack a fair bit.Their goal did,however come off a corner.Our keeper claimed he was interfered with,but in all honesty a bigger keeper(Franks or Sutton)would not have had any trouble with the cross.Montreal beat Vancouver to most balls all night.In my opinion it was a battle of defense.Neither team attacked particularly well.Vancouvers backline played well for the most part but the differance in the game came down to goalkeeping.Although Vancouver barely tested Sutton,he appears a difficult keeper to beat.

Yes,Montreal did couter attack a fair bit.Their goal did,however come off a corner.Our keeper claimed he was interfered with,but in all honesty a bigger keeper(Franks or Sutton)would not have had any trouble with the cross.Montreal beat Vancouver to most balls all night.In my opinion it was a battle of defense.Neither team attacked particularly well.Vancouvers backline played well for the most part but the differance in the game came down to goalkeeping.Although Vancouver barely tested Sutton,he appears a difficult keeper to beat.

I thought that Marques made 2 good saves in the second half and he was very good, except for the corner where he should have punched the ball away.

Yeah, Sutton did look very good, specially in the air where he control his zone effectively. I would like to see him at a higher level.

dissappointed, but not surprised at the result. montreal has dominated us in vancouver over the years. plus, we had the demoralizing 1-0 loss to portland in portland the night before. what is up with the a-league sched? have games, saturday/wednesday. no other days. maybe sundays now and again. keep the sched the same. none of this back-to-back after a road game shiite.

vancouver will be fine. our two best players were away.

corazzin would be a great signing.

there ain't gonna be any middle any more.

Mike Franks should be Vancover's keeper. Sure, only 2 years ago he was groomed to be Forrest's replacement. With Lars injured he should be on the Whitecaps side and fuighting for a place in the Senior squad. He's a better goalie than Zagar IMO.

You don't win friends with salad!

quote:Originally posted by Desigol

Mike Franks should be Vancover's keeper. Sure, only 2 years ago he was groomed to be Forrest's replacement. With Lars injured he should be on the Whitecaps side and fuighting for a place in the Senior squad. He's a better goalie than Zagar IMO.

You don't win friends with salad!

Is he Vancouver second keeper for now? I thought Marques was pretty decent but I'm sure Franks is better.

Archived