World Soccer

Our new hopefully visible place to talk about all things soccer in the world.

4,127 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  1. he

• 0 replies
    • 33 replies
    • 3.5k views
  2. Del Bosque, Hierro gone; Rijkaard to Barça

• 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 0 replies
  3. Bora to Serbia

• 4 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 1 reply
    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. MLS Coverage

• 5 replies
  5. News from Barcelona: Ignore Everything 1 2

• 28 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 6 replies
  6. Synthetic Turf

• 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 5 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 1.2k views
  • Qatar Tifo Fund Raiser

Please help out! 

Check it out here. 

https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/product/73-qatar-2022-tifo-fund-raiser/

• FIFA World Cup 2022 - Qatar

• You said he "will contribute whenever playing. As a sub or a starter, he would be playing. Not sure what's stupid about that?  If you meant, "he will contribute as a sub when we have the opportunity to counter". Then I fully agree with you. 
    • Everything you stated suggests he should get on the field at some point, especially if we are needing a goal. Hes great at the transition game, the same game that I said is what we need to get back to. I've also NEVER put Jacob in my starting lineups, and I don't think I've seen it here either so it's stupid to ask "how will he do as a starter" just to make your point.   I'm just not going to put Davies or Buchanan (on the bench) in another position to get Millar on the field.
    • I just saw noticed that:  they have matches scheduled right before their showing of the World Series of Fencing.
    • He is a very good player at attacking space in a direct manner.  When the other guys are really good at coordinated pressing or are set up holding a lead with numbers back, I have doubts that he is going to be able to hold possession in the former situation or make something happen in the latter.  So I agree:  context is everything here.  
    • Yes, ok champ.  You're correct, I YouTubed and could not find any examples of Davies being an offensive threat from FB.  Absolutely no videos or evidence.  Seriously man, if you can't open your mind for 10 seconds and consider the balance, killer offence and defense that Davies and Millar would offer as a duo on the left side, i don't know what to tell you.  With all the evidence of matches without Davies where Canada still generates offence and plays really balanced and beats the big teams.  Then add all the recent matches with him where he struggles and tries to do too much at RWB, you're just ignoring reality.  All you're throwing as an argument is stats where Bayern asks him to focus on defense. Don't just read my comments, check the media man.  Everyone sees what is happening out there.  You're ignoring the obvious. The point is, a system requires balance in the 11, not reliance on your one major star.  Davies trying to do it all alone from LWB is limiting the team.   Your theory seems to be Davies is doing it all for us, modify the 11 to benefit him.  All chances come from him, yet you ignore the turnovers, the weaker D, benching one of our best 11 in Millar for an extra CB of lower skill. All evidence shows we play worse when Davies tries to do it all.  We and he need to rely on the team, play a balanced 11 not focused on one star that is already trying to do too much.       Google says Davies is the best LB in the world, not me.  Bayern plays him there and have never played him at LW.  But ok, you can take Herdman and Biello's word for it. Weaker CB's should not be overlapping when no one seems to realize they need to cover for them.  They need to keep it simple with Canada.  We'll see what happens with Bombito, LDF et al, until then, our CB's need to focus on staying home.  T&T's best chance of the game came from exactly that.  The team is not built for this system.