Major League Soccer

Discussion about the Toronto Football Club, Vancouver Whitecaps, Montreal Impact and Major League Soccer

2,937 topics in this forum

• 57 replies
    • 4.1k views
    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 21 replies
    • 2.9k views
    • 182 replies
    • 14.5k views
  1. Blizzard Petition 1 2 3 4 5

• 121 replies
    • 13.6k views
    • 7 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Toronto, MLS & Canada

• 9 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. Toronto Stadium News 1 2 3 4 11

• 253 replies
    • 21.9k views
    • 2 replies
    • 3.5k views
  4. Canadian refs in MLS

• 12 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 16 replies
    • 3.1k views
    • 19 replies
    • 2.5k views
    • 190 replies
    • 9.6k views
  5. Houston Dynamo and future club names. 1 2

• 27 replies
    • 2.5k views
    • 73 replies
    • 6k views
    • 62 replies
    • 3.7k views
    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
    • 16 replies
    • 2k views
    • 54 replies
    • 3.8k views
    • 52 replies
    • 3.5k views
    • 13 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 269 replies
    • 15.2k views
  6. Perkins @ it again 1 2

• 38 replies
    • 3k views
  • Qatar Tifo Fund Raiser

Please help out! 

Check it out here. 

https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/product/73-qatar-2022-tifo-fund-raiser/

• FIFA World Cup 2022 - Qatar

• Officially, Prime Monday Night Hockey will show in English only all games on Monday for next 2 NHL seasons. No playoffs mentioned. They will have their own broadcast team with details coming later. I haven't seen any dollar amount leaked yet. While Apple TV+ has shown 1-3 Friday night Blue Jays games, Amazon deal is first real chink in the armour amongst sports fans who watch the big 4 leagues only via TSN/SN. But there is joy emanating from those who hate SN's hockey coverage. Of note, Amazon Prime org puts Canada with Australia & New Zealand rather than under a North America umbrella. it is estimated there is about 8 million Prime subs in Canada which is about the same number of subs for TSN & SN. On the football front, Amazon shows select Champions League matches in the UK, Germany & Italy, Ligue 1 in France & Copa do Brasil in Brasil. So, showing NHL in Canada matches their strategy of showing a slice of games from the most popular sport of a country.  
    • Of course there is nothing to say any of these "leaked" or reported names are who is being spoken to. Most likely it is not. However, the names mentioned so far are completely scatter gun if taken at face value.  If Marsch and Ole are on the list but they also asked Mourinho..Thats quite the jump in experience and level. There are probably at least 50-100 other available managers out there that bridge the gap between the special one and Marsch and Ole.  Quite possible they sounded out everyone at the top (like Mourinho)and worked their way down the list, now the level we have reached after the no's is Ole/Marsch/Karanka/Clement. Marsch is the best option if thats the list imo. Clement has a really interesting career and experience but ultimately does do great on his own and was last assistant to Lampard who reportedly turned us down lol. Ole is a hard pass. Karanka falls out with high brass all the time and would likely last 5 minutes with the CSA! We will hopefully be put out of our misery in a week or so and they can announce someone, (that isn't biello). The fact Canadian coaches being considered was a dropped narrative after KJ's last report gives me hope we will get someone at least a bit more succesful and experienced than Biello at the higer level.
    • Yup, July 27 https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-whitecaps-wrexham-afc-ryan-reynolds-1.7184652  
    • Agreed that where he is, Columbus, is a strong place to develop.  I really don't think he replaces our strikers, he's a player to be in behind them, playmaking. I think he can score, but his head is more in attacking playmaking, I'd say. But I maybe have not seen enough to say.  That does not mean, as some suggest, that you could not take out a striker, likely Larin, and let an attacking mid like Osorio/Hoillet/Russel-Rowe try to link with David, while not having to eliminate the wide play we are comfortable with. We could also put Eustaquio there. In fact, a single striker vs. Netherlands, France, Argentina, but an attacking mid, and keeping the wing play, maybe the way to go to get a better defensive shape.
    • I am curious as to what terms for this contract will be (not that we'll every really find out).  I think if the contract concludes following completion of WC 2026, then a bigger name coach is going to be wanting more serious coin up front but also in severance should the program decide to go into a different direction with a new coach , say, six months before the tourney begins.  I wonder how a cash strapped organization navigates that.