Salaries were released, and here are a few things I found:
- Zavaleta took a massive pay cut (275k-85k) league veteran minimum. Kinda shows you no one wanted you as a free agent.
- Morrow took a massive pay cut (400k - 125k)
- Shellgado is on 581K....holy sheit. Good riddance (MAK for perspective is only on 247k)
- DeLeon got a little increase (225-263) I’m going to assume that was the standard player increase.
- Bradley is on 1.5M (TAM - which we already knew)
- Gonzalez is 1.05 (TAM - which we already knew, but he needs to go. Way to much for Slomar.
- Laryea is only on 226k (big increase from last years 80k, but he should be on way more) Auro is on 388k.
- Jozy was on 2.1M last year that grew to 3.6M, love the guy but he’s burnt out. Doesn’t have it.
This year will be very telling, because I can see a lot of the fat being trimmed, especially when the squad is healthy.
Alitdore, Slomar and DeLeon are all free agents next year. And likely won’t be resigned based on how this season is going.
I noticed this week that the MLS website has 15 minute long extended match highlights. Is this new to this season? They are not edited together that well but as someone who gets to watch little or no live matches, it’s a great way to catch up.
There were supposed to be showing L1 Ontario weren't they?
I'd like to see more of the David deal and approach but with some of our top Canadian women and their clubs.
I would also watch more features/docs/interviews and welcome the return of a weekend one nation alongside one soccer today. They do a great job of all of that.
It's been fun watching Scott adapt to RCB in the last couple of games playing against the two top teams in the league (Bochum and Kiel). Trial by fire! The Kiel game (while an unfortunate result) was an excellent match showing the quality of the 2 Bundesliga. Sunday's match against Sandhausen has to produce some points! Go Regensburg!
Rather than showing sports-adjacent content like movies, I'd kind of like to see One Soccer move to something like One Sports and be a real showcase for sport in Canada. Keep the soccer-centric focus, but add in CEBL and maybe some U Sports national championships and such. And if they really wanted to go all out, getting the rights to produce/distribute/sell CHL games would be a huge coup. You could create a much bigger audience by creating a much bigger tent.