+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: The more things DeChange

Finally back in TORONTO!, Ontario, Canada.

Default Article: The more things DeChange

The idiot is completely sure of the rightness of his argument while the intelligent person is riddled with doubt.

Unregistered

but it has to be tough on Dero even Shalrie Joseph is a DP now

The Bent Musket

If DeRo can't get DP status in DC, he should go somewhere that he can. If ANYONE deserves it, he does, especially now that the Revs have laid the blueprint for rewarding long-time MLS standouts with DP dollars. Shalrie deserved his tag, and DeRo definitely deserves it, too.

it drives me insane that i cannot see this article in its entirety

Finally back in TORONTO!, Ontario, Canada.

I'm not sure what the issue is as it shows up fine on my end. I moved the pagebreak to the bottom of the article. Hopefully that will fix whatever it is that is preventing some from seeing the article.

Unregistered

Dero is the man - all he does is produce anywhere he goes. He deserves DP status, imagine how frustrated he was playing with those bunch of hacks in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane Rollins View Post
    I'm not sure what the issue is as it shows up fine on my end. I moved the pagebreak to the bottom of the article. Hopefully that will fix whatever it is that is preventing some from seeing the article.
    works for me now.
    lets blame skynet for this one.

Lucas

I guess I'm still a newby in terms of the complicated world of MLS contracts. I thought you couldn't pay a guy more than the league max of $350K-ish without him being a DP. I thought a DP was, simply put, anyone making more than that max amount, and that each team could have two of them, or a third with a luxury tax. If a team can pay a guy over $350k without using a DP spot, what does that player cost in cap space? Why wouldn't a team use the DP spot?

Ultimately, is this about team or player economics, or is it just that we think he deserves the title of DP? Because to my mind DP is a contract issue, respect is counted in captains armbands, MVP titles, national team CAPs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Ultimately, is this about team or player economics, or is it just that we think he deserves the title of DP? Because to my mind DP is a contract issue, respect is counted in captains armbands, MVP titles, national team CAPs, etc.
    Exactly. DeRo; brilliant player that travels w/ a load of personal baggage. I bet if he lets some go, it'll come together for him. He sure can do it on the pitch, what a beast when in the zone. In Toronto, playing under the direction of Preki and MLSE w/ a trashed team and fanbase made it worse. Sometimes lows show the way to highs. If he gets a good deal in DC and truly gets over their latest DP striker signing, realizing it could make the team that much better, well he could even have a better year than last. Best to him.

Unregistered

Well, looks like he just signed a new non-DP contract. No details (as normal) but we'll get to see the exact salary figures sometime later this year.

http://www.dcunited.com/press-releas...s-new-contract

+ Reply to Thread